Friday, June 1, 2012

HUGE Fart Coming (Prepare For A Bain In The Ass,...)


You know what's wild? I'll tell you what's wild: 

The way people can be looking at something cultish or cult related - I mean staring right at it, like a one eyed cat peeking in a seafood store - and still not see it for what it is.

This is especially bad when I think of journalism, or like, my fellow bloggers, who can actually write "ETHICS ARE FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE," while wondering why this little person is always on them about their ethics.

They're BLIND, I tell you, BLIND.


For instance, we've all been reading about Bain Capital, right? Mitt Romney's old firm? You know Mitt Romney, right? He's the cult member. The cult member I get major push-back for calling a cult member because - and I quote - "All the Mormons I've known were/are good, honest people... except for those that are not." Now THAT'S a classic cult endorsement if I've ever seen one!


What anyone's impression of individual cult members means when picking a president, I don't know, but that's the "logic" some have got working for them. I mean, let's forget Mormons for a second. Let's talk about another popular cult for a moment, the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Anybody ever met a mean Jehovah's Witness? There they stand by the subway, holding The Watchtower, not forcing it on you or anything. Nice folks, right?

But do you think, even for a second, that if a Jehovah's Witness was about to become President of the United States, there wouldn't be a few questions directed his way, even by these very same folks crying "bigotry" whenever Romney's "faith" comes up? Say, about presumptive President Jehovah's feelings on, oh I don't know, whether children with cancer should be able to get blood transfusions maybe?

Come on - you people have GOT to be joking.

Anyway, Bain Capital, a great place. Our new shining example of capitalism in action. Or so I am told. Obama calls it an example of "vulture capitalism," but - this is the part where looking right at something comes into play - Obama doesn't know how to sell it, which is why he's pivoting to Romney's time as Governor of Massachusetts. Bad move, NewAge-Cult-Boy, bad fucking move.



Bain Capital is a goldmine. Not only because it's an example of horrible capitalism, but because it also reveals how cults work, and how those "good, honest people" in the Mormon "church" are up to their ears in Joseph Smith's favorite pastime:

Conning the public. 

See, a reader who goes by "PW" noticed I'm not crazy about evertybody's favorite mongoloid Mormon, or "alternative" medicine, and - along with some interesting tales about how those "nice" folks in the Mormon "church" behave in the real world - he directed me to a company called Nutraceutical International that is a *perfect* jumping off point for a bit of the ol' investigative journalism nobody else seems interested in doing because WE MUST DEFEAT OBAMA!

Now, I agree we must, that much has been impressed upon me. But I'm also always impressed when political concerns are allowed to get in the way of exposing the truth - especially about cults - so prepare yourselves:


I'm looking to impress YOU now,...


5 comments:

  1. I suppose I should be fair and state that I do probably labor under some bigotry -- although I would protest that it is well founded and only came about after said run-ins and some research.
    I have had to deal with the ugly side of Mormons (my mom, as a nurse having dealt with JWs, probably would say they were much worse -- because she had prior run-ins with them and saw their ugly side; my dad was pretty brutal to the RCC, because his family wished him to be a priest, and he got RC overload -- plus they have a habit of educating you too well for their own good; I hope that always remains so -- seeing the non-marketing side of something tends to give you a different viewpoint which you apprently are very aware of).

    So in fairness to Mormons: 1) they are not the only ones who engaged in egregious prosletyzing; 2) some of them are intrinsically nice people (like the one who still talks to me) who probably do the things they do out of good intentions (which can be the bain of humanity more than outright evil); 3)admittedly my bias is at play as I have had bad experience -- my mom would dislike the JWs more, as she was a nurse who had run ins with them; my dad was pretty brutal to the RCC as his family wished him to be a priest -- suffice to say when one sees the non-marketing side of something one's outlook is different (and one gets testy when others don't see the same things or refuse to).
    But be that as it may: of them all the Mormons are the ones that have a long and researchable liturgic/doctrinal history of desiring political control of the U.S. -- and that's a pretty big deal and needs to be addressed imhao.

    By the way: Romney's wife is into alternative medicine and Romney has a bit of an issue with pay for play/Solyndra type things (not apparently on the same monetary level, but at least as much as Perry got pinched for down in TX). ;)
    People should at least know what they are really voting for (and that it isn't bigotry to not care for some things). Vet on!

    PS. I'm a "she" (my husband refuses to even talk politics at this point and would be far harsher, so just as well).
    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, this is what I get for editing -- a crappily written post.

    Anyhow...rambling again, short of the very long: I've got no wish to demonize or dehumanize individual Mormons (nobody deserves that); still, their religion's beliefs are cause for some questioning and possible concern and are not all happy shiney as they are cracked up to be (and it isn't bigoted to point that out!); and everybody else does indeed deserve the same scrutiny.

    And alternative medicine really does deserve to be investigated -- and yeah, some of the ways it is being used and marketed (and oversaw) will kill people (and animals -- horse industry is ripe with this sort of junk; I can tell tales there too).
    PW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, and here's another for you:

    Mitt has some pretty interesting ties to a rather interesting guy with very interesting ideas about a few things which should be of interest -- John Holdren (Obama's science czar, and imhao a real piece of work).

    If you want some links, well, I'd be more than happy to oblige. PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON