Thursday, August 30, 2007

Laugh, Clown, Laugh

In the beginning, my wife, Karine Brunck (above) said our lives would improve because she was getting help from psychics.

Ha-ha, I said.

In the late 80's, she declared that George H.W. "Poppy" Bush was The Anti-Christ.

I laughed at that idea too.

In the 90's, she became deluded enough to let some asshole thoroughly convince her she could walk through walls.

More laughter.

This was followed by the asinine belief she could cure cancer, and A.I.D.S., with her bare hands.

Hilarity.

And finally, there was the $500.00 a session reiki training, that lasted a week - in an isolated area, with a bunch of people I didn't know - that she told me I couldn't attend because,...I'd laugh.

After each of these events, we would argue; losing sleep - and totally destroying our time together - which could be so pleasant when we were left alone to make decisions for ourselves (something I later learned was rare.).

Flash forward, to October 2005, when our marriage was coming apart (after I'd discovered a cassette of my wife - talking with Doti Boon, The California Psychic, this immoral, and evil, bitch - and learned the woman I loved had, not only, fallen under the spell of a murderous, and sexually adventurous, homeopath - who referred to my wife as his "Goddess/Whore" - but that this secretary had even made the phenomenally egotistical leap to believing - as a long-time, and self-proclaimed, "Student of the Occult" - that she was a God). I'm asking her - after 20 years of my self-sacrifice and wary, naive, indulgence - why would she drive us further into this circle of Hell, over and over again, for such an expensive list of insane nonsense, that she's never come close to proving, and knew would, eventually, drive us apart?

Becoming extremely angry because I was challenging her beliefs - again - she, then, spat out one of the most thought-stopping things I'd ever heard an adult say. She said:

"I over-estimated my powers."

That was one of the last times I laughed at anything NewAge.

Anyway, I saw her yesterday, for the first time in like a year. She was the passenger in a car, wearing new glasses and laughing, as I stood, miserable and sweating, on a bicycle - thinking of her emptying our bank accounts - and all the other terrible things she'd done prior to our divorce. Our eyes met - and she went right on laughing.

Unbeknownst to me, I was on my way to an appointment that took place in a San Francisco restaurant which is owned, operated, and staffed, by participants in The Landmark Forum cult. It was highly bizarre.

Then, after dinner, my companion and I were accosted by a guy wearing a T-Shit that screamed, 9-11 Was An Inside Job!

And later, as I sat at a Kinko's computer terminal, the graphic artist working next to me repeated the same question into his cell phone for about 15 minutes:

"You want the top line to say 'It's A Spiritual Revolution!', right?"

Taken together, I think it's no wonder my ex is the one laughing now.

This is no laughing matter, this is:

8 comments:

  1. I just wanted to drop in and say I like the new direction your blog is taking. As painful as it may be, I think that your personal story is one of the most powerful indictments against New-Age/New-Wage/SHAM nonsense. With all due respect to your ex, it sounds as if she is a sucker for every nutty trend that comes along. She sounds like so many people I have known... and that's why I got away from that stuff years ago.

    Keep up the good work. And keep doing your music too -- which will be another way to reach an even wider audience with your message.

    PS - I'm no fan of the elder or younger Bush (putting it mildly), but I stop far short of declaring either one to be the Anti-Christ. Too many folks in the New-Wage movement are in line for that title first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean George W. Bush isn't the anti-christ? (chuckle chuckle)

    It's nice to read some backstory. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie!

    Yea, my ex leads the pack as a follower. I'm thinking of listing everything she was into (that I know about) and it wouldn't surprise me, now that we're apart, if she's got The Secret too.

    Thanks for being there: your laughter really helps.

    KPThrive,

    Stop it! (Bush)

    I'll keep blogging this time, promise. And I'll see if I can find the posts I did on Kaiser and get 'em back up. People need to know.

    Thanks - for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cosmic Connie - How can you say, "with all due respect to your ex," and proceed to slam someone you don't even know? There's no respect there. Duh. Crack Emcee, you sound like a sore loser. There's more to Karine than your sorry thumbnail sketch, which is totally slanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A "sore loser"? I was lied to, repeatedly, for years - and then had my life destroyed. What am I supposed to be? Happy?

    And what do think a "thumbnail sketch" is supposed to be? A fucking book?

    And, finally, if she's so much more than I said, how do you know? I was married to her for 20 years, were you?

    I warned you about "Anonymous" comments - put a name on yourself or else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many people believe that answers can be found by accepting this doctrine, I think that all answers are within each person, the temple is insight and the knowledge is deep in our thoughts.
    sv77

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON