Friday, July 25, 2008

Preaching To The Choir Always Gets Applause

"How can the polls be neck and neck when I don’t know one Bush supporter?"

-- Arthur Miller, playwright, voicing the same small-minded liberal take on this period of an election, in 2004, as they're making now - and for the exact same small-minded reason - in Spiked!

You'd think such geniuses would want to speak to an actual Conservative/Republican, to discover why they keep losing, but no,....they're too damn smart for that.

1 comment:

  1. There's a quote long (though probably falsely) attributed to Pauline Kael, that she couldn't understand how Nixon had won since nobody she knew had voted for him. According to Wikipedia, here's something she really did say: "I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don't know. They're outside my ken. But sometimes when I'm in a theater I can feel them."

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON