Sunday, February 17, 2013

Held Down-Held Back-Held Up (Don't Touch Me Again)


When I can read a Bloomberg headline like "Obama’s Agenda Seen as Dead in the Water by Republicans," it just serves to remind me how utterly deceitful those in my party are about the political danger we face - and the litany of useless End Of The World chain-yanking we endure.

 
I can barely stand to open my email box for all the bullshit.

 

And losing an election didn't change a thing.


The funniest bits are these "remember that 2016 is only three years away" messages, reminding me (warning me, waaay too soon) I can look forward to, once again, watching these lames display their strength by screaming "watch this" before jumping off a cliff. Oh goody.

 
The point of this blog is, of course, I don't get any of it.

   

The problem seems pretty simple to me: 

About one quarter of the Western world has an issue with reality, but rather than correct them - even on issues as clear as the historical record - some would prefer we accept or accommodate them, or possibly even elect them as our leaders, insisting we somehow overlook the glaring inaccuracies they spew.

   

I ask you - of the 1,000s of interviews Mitt Romney did - how many of these supposedly bloody-meat-desiring "journalists" were willing to challenge the candidate on something as simple and clear-cut as the historical record?

   

The delusional's apologists claim to do this out of a sense of decorum.

   
A sincere desire not to be confrontational with our "nice" neighbors who admit they've dedicated their lives to spreading whatever their particular brands of misinformation are, with no one - not the delusional or their supporters - taking responsibility for any confusion or other problems that may result. (Like dealing with a teen's supposedly-unwanted pregnancy, we are to accept "these things just happen.") It's driven more by cowardice and, quite obviously, an easy-out lack of ethics. 

Assholes: A theory 
The asshole: 1. allows himself to enjoy special advantages and does so systematically; 
2. does this out of an entrenched sense of entitlement; and 
3. is immunized by his sense of entitlement against the complaints of other people 

In the end, there's only one direction for us to go in, so the question is if we'll continue to go there willingly, or continue in this haphazard, one-step-forward/two-steps-back fashion.

   

 If we were smart, we'd cut through this bullshit - advancing by adhering to the facts and not beliefs. 


Unfortunately, until more of us grow a couple, we'll stay stuck on the basics,…


2 comments:

  1. Right now, being an asshole is about the only thing I have going for me (and it was always my natural state anyway).

    Between all the St. Malachy/oooh, lightning struck the Vatican/omg! meteors! that I was fielding (the Pope most likely resigned because he was old and sick -- what's the problem here? have you checked out the building material on that dome? of course lightning strikes it quite frequently even; meteors and asteroids aren't exactly anything new or unusual, fortunately the damage wasn't horrible on this one...by the way, aren't Christians really, really not supposed to get into "signs and wonders" bullshit in the first place? at which point some remind me that they are...atheists; sorry Mr. Crack, but this does point to a big problem imhao) -- between that and a stomach churning chain Imessage (involving small children, bullying, and truly horrible, disfiguring deaths (the obvious relish in the description making me queasy) and...and! a revenge seeking ghost from the beyond) that some of my friends, colleagues, and associates are quite enthusiastically trading about (for which I found myself only capable of replying "you know you really shouldn't give in to superstition and nonsense" and wondering why I just can't summon the nerve to really blast the fuck out of it for being, well, disgusting -- moreso because I'm supposed to be rough, tough military tradition person and these are the nice, fluffy people engaging in it, which makes it all the more horrific imhao).

    Right now being more than a snarky, sarcastic, play along asshole is just too much. (although I will probably address that damn e-mail at some point -- just not now)

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda reminded of this opening from one of my favorite comedians:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc

    Yes, we are; no, it isn't a good thing.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON