Friday, February 14, 2014

From George Washington To George Will: We Can't Do It




I didn't vote for Obama, but - if I had felt the Republican Party was a racist refuge? Yeah, I probably would've. Both times. 


Today I feel kind of bad for giving them, and not Obama, the benefit of the doubt. I guess I was still too idealistic.


Wait - what do you mean, that's not Will's question? He did ask "if you'd known what you know now", didn't he? Or did he mean only about Obama? 


Well, too bad. I'm telling y'all - post-divorce, post-elections, post-Trayvon - here's what I know:


White racists are appalled blacks know, and base their actions on, a long-running drama called "American history".



And we're not budging.


Tying it's strands together - to make "black" history - obviously drives the racists crazy.


Because, once Americans do that, Republicans freeing the slaves makes sense again - but the party's current behavior does not.


So, looking at that history - along with the Republican's many losses - Will should be asking if he'd still vote the same way.


Because that vote means Republicanism's coming to an end.


Even if that end wasn't supposed to be like this,…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON