Monday, April 1, 2024

W.O.K.E. (Weary Over Knowing Everything) In A World Filled With Know-Nothings

 

 I don't talk too often on the blog, because A) I think it's pompous, and B) I don't assume anybody is gonna understand (or care about) anything I say. As they used to say, I'm just 'too far gone.' 

I guess, this is a test of that theory. 

   

 The U.S. government lied to its citizens, and the world, about wrecking the German economy by blowing up the Nord Stream pipeline. It's gotten Ukraine and its people blown to bits, and put us further in debt, over its NATO ambitions. And, it's been assisting in a genocide of the Palestinian people by Zionists - all things I'm against - as President Joe Biden, a millionaire, regularly interrupts my entertainments, to beg me for money, so "we can finish the job." How he assumes he roped me into all this, I will never know. That so many others endorse it, or passively go along with it, just tells me there's no reason for me to talk. 

   

 It's all a masquerade. Biden's being allowed to assumes he's Dean, and I'm Johnny, who just has to cope with whatever he does - drunk on power - in "a good year for apples."

   

 Not so. I've never bought any of this, because I've seen through all of it. Just as I was 'black' in the early 90s, I was also 'woke' in the early 90s, as evidenced by a 1992 song I recorded called "Thank You," that featured a long sample of the late, great playwright August Wilson, specifically talking about "privilege." I spoke at the award-winning gay filmmaker Marlon Riggs' funeral. My boys also released a song against homophobia in 1992. So, when the concept of being 'woke' came back around in the 2020s, my first thought was amazement at how 'late' everybody else is. My next thought was - despite the constant stream of new hysterias - American culture is a slow-moving iceberg, that causes cataclismic damage whenever it finally meets reality head-on. 


Just look at what it's done to Ben Shapiro, if you don't believe me: twisting that poor man into some kind of weird combination of Eddie Munster and a photo-negative Bobby Fischer

   

 Since 'woke' has re-emerged, life's mostly been a matter of protecting myself from flying "intellectual" debris, like Bill Maher's pontificating on the narrative developing around 'woke' - not the concept itself - which has been, both, frustrating and hilarious. I will remind you, again, of the frustrating part: back in the 90s, Bill Maher was the man who wouldn't let Christopher Hitchens explain to America that their beloved Bill Clinton is a rapist - basically, Maher's almost single-handedly responsible for us still having to endure the vile pronouncements of the murderously villainous conspiracy theorist, Hillary Clinton - but Bill Maher's being allowed to get away with criticizing 'woke'?  

   

Isn't exposing walking contradictions, like Bill Maher, supposed to be why we have News programs? Instead, Maher's Real Time is considered the News program, proving the utter futility of anyone 'woke' talking, when we can see the barbarians are not at the gate: the gate is there to keep us in.

   

Professional critics, today, make their careers arguing gender, long after "Long Tall Sally" was released in 1955, by a "Tutti Frutti" embraced for wearing a pompadour, sequins, make-up, mascara, and fake eyelashes, to scream about s-e-x. This should give you some indication of how long they'll keep "debating" the ethics of our nation committing a genocide. 

Only to assume I'm part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON