Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Barack Obama: Same As It Ever Was

"'Look, let me talk about the broader issue, this whole notion that I am shifting to the center,' he told a crowd gathered at a town hall-style meeting in this Atlanta suburb. 'The people who say this apparently haven’t been listening to me.'

Ugh. I've been cheered by Obama's move to the center. I like Obama and I want to like Obama. (Note: I'm not against McCain. I've taken a vow of cruel neutrality.) But I hated to see him use this Kerry-esque locution. Unlike Kerry, Obama has taken some clear positions on Iraq. But he's been moving and he's denying it and blaming us as bad listeners. How irksome!"


-- Ann Althouse, waking again in the Democrat's Presidential "Groundhog Day," on her Althouse blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON