Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trying To Help

I've got a messed up internet connection today, and I don't know why. I'll just have to keep things short until I get it all worked out:

They say the world is viewing the U.S. more favorably now - and, not that I care, but that's good. It's too bad more Americans don't view ourselves that well, but I guess I can't have everything. Listen to Kurt Volker (a senior US state department official) describing us and ask yourself - in our "damned if we do and damned if we don't" situation - what's not to love?:

"We are a superpower. We have tremendous responsibility, a large economy, large diplomatic reach and military reach, so naturally the world looks at the US with much greater attention than any other country in the world."

That's right. Everybody's watching us like hawks. And you know how that is: you can't make everybody happy, so we might as well think for ourselves. You know, come up with some "fresh" ideas for the future? Personally, since everybody's so hot on "ancient practices" and all, I'd like to bring back the stockades, public hangings, dunking pools and witch burnings. You know: as a way to get us all "back on the same page". Show of hands? Anybody? Come on.

See - that's exactly why I would never aspire to be a politician: you try to reach across the aisle; cooperate; try to sincerely make an attempt to "get things right"; and what do you fucking get in return? Everybody staring back at you bug-eyed.

I swear, y'all's just brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON