Thursday, February 12, 2009

Next: He's Beating The Kids And Kicking The Dog

I love your blog.

It is truly awesome.

I was a card carrying member of the New Age for more than half my life. I have a masters degree in Oriental medicine and a doctorate in homeopathy. I spent 20 years studying the stuff. And stuff is a kind word. It's more like shit. That's right, after drinking the kool-aid for two decades, I finally drank the antidote and it wasn't a homeopathic one. It was a full potency cure called rational thought. I now believe that 99.9% of 'New Age' hogwash (and that includes CAM) is nothing more than a poison arrow of quackery and sham aimed at the gullible and the weak. Like a cult member deprogramming themselves, I am slowly trying to make sense of myself and re-train my brain muscles. Your blog is like a deliciously strong cup of coffee after awakening from a very, very bad dream. Keep up the good work, the world needs people like you to cut through the bullshit like a samurai of sanity.

Did I also mention that I used to be a Democrat?

:o)


-- Donavan Freberg (above) delivering the message many claim is impossible because, you know, TMR is so damn "mean" - and NewAge beliefs are just too fucking awesome to ever be abandoned - but delivering it none-the-less, on TMR's post about Tim Minchin's Anti-NewAge Beat Poem "Storm".

Donavan,

On behalf of the entire TMR team: Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. It's a pleasure to be on board, sir.

    We've only just begun.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON