Thursday, April 15, 2010

Simon Singh Cracks Chiropractic's Spine

So it can happen. It did happen: one ordinary man, armed with evidence, won against the purveyors of solipsism.
"The British Chiropractic Association has dropped its defamation case against science writer Simon Singh, days after he won a legal battle for the right to criticise what he regarded as ‘bogus’ science."
It's over and he won. Against some of the most ass-backwards libel laws outside of Islam's discovery of cartooning. Against the entire British Chiropractic Association. Against various belief systems. Against NewAge:
"Having backed down and dropped the case, I expect the British Chiropractic Association to pay my legal bill of 200,000 pounds. I fully expect the BCA to argue that they should not pay all my costs, but I think it is the very least that they should do because this entire legal battle has been instigated by the BCA. I will never get back the two years that I have wasted on this case when I should have been writing a new book and I will never get back all the time I should have had with friends and family, which instead was replaced with continual stress, anxiety and ridiculously tedious legal documents. Fortunately the case has ended when my son Hari is only three weeks old, so I can now relax and enjoy being a father. My wife is a journalist and she been fully supportive throughout, and without her backing and the support of family, friends, scientists, bloggers and many others I suspect I would not have had the morale to keep fighting this case until the end."
A true inspiration.

He makes the rest of you look like pussies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON