Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This Ain't "Bootylicious" (It's Just Bad Art)



Wow. That's all I can say. Can anyone tell me how far down the ladder of creativity our society will slide before we stop getting handed hyper-active sex-themed nonsense like this and calling it music?

I never cared for Jennifer Lopez* to begin with - the bitch talks like a truck driver - but I did know she had a butt, so this just seems like a sell out because she never made a big deal about it before. And these "dance moves"? Jesus. She should fire whoever's advising her career because this is a bad clown act. I'm serious: my first reaction was to put my hand over my mouth and utter, "Oh-my-god", which, I'm sure, wasn't the desired response. What can I say? She looks silly.

And the "music"? Come on. That beat ain't happenin' - it ain't even finished - with no drama, breaks, or anything else to recommend it. I hate to always seem like a party-pooper but, yea, when you hand me shit like this, I'll gladly walk to the center of the dance floor and take a dump right there in return. Arrgh.

If I ever needed evidence we've lost our way - in every respect - then shit like this is proof. It's the sound of one brain cell, with nothing to connect to, frantically in search of an idea - but there ain't one, so talk about your booty. But I guess (after reading that last sentence back) I could be gettin' too hard on "J-Lo":

I mean, that booty's all she's ever had anyway.

*O.K. - my bad: it's Beyonce (Jay-Z's wife). Whatever. Just swap the names and the criticism still stands: this sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON