Friday, December 19, 2008

Only The Finest In Woo Will Do

"I'm a connoisseur of woo.

It's true. Back when I first started blogging, I came across outrageous bits of pseudoscience,...and I wasn't sure quite what to do with them.

...I finally figured out what to make of them. While deploring them and their potential for causing harm to the unwary, I started to appreciate the artistry, the imagination, the utter skill that it takes to produce such gems of concentrated woo. Truly, it takes an ability to twist logic, reason, and science into a pretzel, and then twist it just that much more. That extra 'twist' is what elevates garden variety woo,...It is the ability to recognize that extra twist that elevates woo into art that makes a connoisseur."


-- Orac, turning a groan into a giggle, at Respectful Insolence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON