Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Picture Of Success

"I'm the biggest sucker who ever walked the face of the Earth."

-- Eric Roth, screenwriter, on losing all his retirement money (along with Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg) in Bernard Madoff's $50-billion Ponzi scheme, in The Los Angeles Times.

Hey, NewAgers, see that quote? That's what you should've been saying a looonnngg time ago. And if you haven't yet, you will:

Trust me. (LOL)

UPDATE: I've got to add that, just like my Aunt Alice, I've been consistently telling you guys you're stupid. But you don't believe it. Meanwhile, everywhere you look, things are falling apart - and it sure ain't guys like me in charge.

My foster mother, Johnnie Mae Hubert (who I've quoted before - "The Devil talks pretty" - regarding following gurus) used to say "a hard head makes a soft behind" and, I'm telling you, the Baby Boomers (and the kids they raised) have the unfortunate luck to be, both, the largest generation - with the hardest damn heads - ever seen in the history of the entire world. It's long past time for them to grow up, and - if they don't want to completely destroy where they live - "grow up" means getting out of the way and letting the truly knowledgeable people you can trust, who actually know what they're doing, do what needs to be done. Just get out of the way. Sit down. Shut up. Practice being humble - as you Buddhist types are always arrogantly admonishing others to do.

I know, I know - you have no idea who those "truly knowledgeable people you can trust" are, right? Here's a hint:

They're the ones who have been telling you you're stupid.