Monday, August 2, 2010

The Gift (That Keeps On Giving Me The Creeps)

Mark my words - the entire world of celebrity is now populated by crazy people:
"Katy Perry sang about kissing girls, and now she's talking tongues: In the new issue of Rolling Stone, Perry reveals that her Christian minister parents spoke in tongues when she was growing up.

The California girl, who has 'Jesus' tattooed on her left wrist, tells the magazine, 'Speaking in tongues is as normal to me as "Pass the salt." It's a secret, direct prayer language to God.' Perry, 25, adds that her dad usually speaks in tongues while her mom plays interpreter. 'That's their gift,' she explains.

Speaking of gifts, Perry reportedly bought fiance Russell Brand a $200,000 ticket to outer space aboard the Virgin Galactic for his 35th birthday.

But if Perry feels lucky to have found love with the British comic, she'll never admit it. In the Perry household, she explains, 'I wasn't able to say I was lucky because my mother would rather us say that we were blessed, and she also didn't like that lucky sounded like Lucifer.'

In fact, the quirky brunette reveals, 'I wasn't allowed to eat Lucky Charms, but I think that was the sugar. I think my mom lied to me about that one.'"
Yessireebob, she probably did. And it's nice, after all that religious talk, to see she'll publicly call her own mother a liar. (Hearing when people screw up their stories like that? That's MY gift.) I swear, it's like the crazier they are, the more committed we are to making them famous, when, the more famous they are, the more we should be trying to get their crazy asses committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON