Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Reminder: How The Black "Family" Started In America




Not exactly the Pilgrims on the Mayflower - are you guys sure black families have always been doing so well until now? People brought from all over West Africa, unknown to each other, made into slaves and then shipped all over the South, somehow constitutes a stable foundation for something other than dysfunction? Really?

I got a story
 that's harder than the hardcore
 / Cost of the Holocaust
 - I'm talking about the one still going on 
I know, where I'm from, not dum diddie dum
 / I'm from the bass motherland, the place of the drum 

Invaded by the wack diddie wack
 / He fooled the black, and left us faded (Skin)
 
King and chief probably had a big beef / 
Because of that now I grit my teeth
 
So here's a song to the strong 
about a shake of a snake / 
And the smile that went along with that 
Can’t Truss It
Ann Althouse's smile has that same effect on me,....

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON