Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cynicism: The Best Thing To Happen Since MLK Died

 

 Can you tell when somebody wants to have that "National Conversation About Race" with me yet? Or should I call it the "turn the tables on the black guy" game? I don't care what it's called, I'm not budging:


I saw white people getting upset and exploiting race (conservatives) because white people were getting upset and exploiting race (liberals). Black people were understandably freaking-the-fuck-out, because someone black died again, and then they started acting as exploitable and the exploited, while the man who did the shooting looked like he got a raw deal. But now, he don't look so good no more, a fact his monkey-noises-making supporters don't acknowledge after they claimed they were only interested in truth.


Oh - and while everybody else was driving me fucking mad while yakking away - I was expected to be playing like I'm Sidney Fucking Poitier or some shit, because I'm a conservative trying to get along with whites and (the best part) I had a boo-boo and better come correct or they may not like me no more.


Well fuck that.

Instead I've learned a couple of things I didn't want to know, like, first, people aren't good. That's not to say there are no good people, but people aren't good. Not as I understand the term. I've always known they were ugly, blood coagulating on the sidewalk as a kid told me that, but somehow, I thought, my experience of adulthood would be different. Boy, was I ever wrong.


Second, the American Dream. It's not. Never was. At best an experiment, and at worst a trial balloon for something else yet to be found, I don't know what to call what I'm looking at anymore. Maybe the American Game. Or Twitter. But it ain't no dream. And it ain't no good.




Bullshit - it makes total sense - it's part of the whole:


The White Right's found their latin conservative hero:


Just as they always told us they would,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON