Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Country Tis Of Thee / Sweet Land Of Take My Child


I've found a tragic article that says everything about America that needs to be said:

The increasing numbers of African children being adopted by white parents, especially white celebrities,  has sparked a debate among African-Americans that has raged on for years. While that debate is ongoing, few people are aware that increasingly, whites overseas parents are adopting African-American children.


CNN detailed a young girl named Elisa van Meurs, 13, who lives a privileged life of horseback riding and vacationing in the Swiss Alps with her Polish parents. She is African-American and has met her birth family, who acknowledged that they just didn’t have enough money to care for her.

There's a reason to wave the flag, huh? And here I was, thinking I had it rough because I didn't have enough money to finish college. These folks didn't have enough to finish parenting. (My parents didn't, either.) Shit, most blacks have never taken a real vacation - or even flown on an airplane - in their lives. So what's the problem? Somebody gives us a clue:
“There’s too much prejudice over here. The white people are going to hate him because he’s half black, and the majority of black people are going to hate on him because he’s half white. And then he’ll have to do extra things to prove what kind of a Negro he is, and extra things to prove what kind of a honky he is and I don’t want that. I did not want that for my kid.”

Better to get them out of here then. Away from all this obsessive race nonsense, political craziness, and damned chaos. Let the kid ride horses somewhere, where a black kid can be a kid, in peace. 
Their own country is sick.


How sick, I'm afraid, is probably still to be seen,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON