Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Cult Of Burning Man

"I live in San Francisco and think it's hilarious that when I ask people going to BM what the event STANDS for,...they can't tell me. Instead they talk about how it's a "life changing" experience and I have a closed mind. But what EXACTLY is it changing about your life? Could you just explain it to me? The man who started it must have had a vision of something. They claim it's about "not being capitalist and caring more about the world then greedy corporations" yet they are all driving there in their CARS using GAS and paying MONEY for tickets.

So I insist they tell me EXACTLY what it STANDS for and they tell me that I will never get it and they're on a higher spiritual level than me and blah, blah, blah."
-- A comment, on Gawker, in response to the recent Burning Man suicide.

I used to go to Burning Man when it first started, but now I'm totally into:

2 comments:

  1. The greed of gain has no time or limit to its capaciousness. Its one object is to produce and consume. It has pity neither for beautiful nature nor for living human beings. It is ruthlessly ready without a moment's hesitation to crush beauty and life out of them, molding them into money. ~
    Rabindranath Tagore
    greed Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can't just say you want to get high and party with some intoxicated chicks and play and listen to music and burn stuff.

    Well, that's what I want, but officially: "I want to get The Man out of my head."

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON