Monday, September 24, 2007

The Flabby Liars Of The Aquarian Age

"About a thousand years ago, there was this brief period of about 11 or 12 minutes, that is now referred to as the sixties, a hated time, an intoxicating time. I enjoyed myself thoroughly for five or six minutes. It has become a kind of black hole in the sociological cosmos, a kind of Bermuda Triangle, into which all the noblest and worthwhile ideas disappeared forever. A seductive moment; however, being the gloomy chap that you know me to be, I was able to resist it. I think it was back in 1971 when it reached its most acute phase; it was then that I was inspired to write this mournful and bitter ditty in response to all the flabby liars of the Aquarian Age."
-- Leonard Cohen, in his introduction to the song, There Is A War

Thanks to Cosmic Connie for the heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON