Monday, September 3, 2007

Say No Go

I got an e-mail this morning from a good friend who, I'm sure, is only trying to help by urging me (in his own way) to "move on":

"yup, cults. isn't catholicism big here? Jesus, Pepsi, McD's, etc. Humans will always be this way. When me and the Pigeons take over we'll change all that."

Here's why this type of attitude isn't helpful:

1. I love this guy, and, when I was married and he was troubled, I helped in any way I could. So for him to brush off my concerns, now, seems cruel and callous; especially considering he knows I'm upset and I have always given him support in all his endeavors, no questions asked.

2. Pointing to mainstream religion (which, in San Francisco, has more than enough critics) just gives the Bay Area cults cover - and free reign - to do whatever they want. Plus, two wrongs don't make a right.

3. He's throwing his hands up - giving in - instead of standing up for his ideals or his friends.

4. Aside for the fact that the wife of McDonald's's founder is wacky, I don't know what they, or Pepsi, have to do with the problem of cults. Have they intentionally killed anyone recently?

5. "Humans will always be this way" - to me - should always be followed by "as long as we don't confront them." Only by shining a light on what they're doing will we be able to stop this nonsense. And all the really smart and wonderful people who are out there fighting this crap want support as well:

It's not just me.

And I am:

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am one of his patients, leaving in Wissembourg and please listen to my testimony. Robert W. is a great Doctor. He curred me so many times. Let me tell you that homeopathy is medicine and it has nothing to do with "quackery". You have to test it, if you don't believe me.
    Your accusations are false. It makes no sense, he would never kill somebody or give a false diagnosis. People died because of him? Funny invention.
    Don't mix everything. I'm sorry that your marriage break but this is not a reason for all this.
    In the name of the patients, let him pursue his functions.
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dexxie,

    I am addressing you so you can see I am not a completely hard-hearted person, but no, I will not let up on Robert Wohlfahrt. He has cured you but destroyed me - and killed three people, including my mother-in-law - so he does not deserve my pity and I will not give it.

    You ask me to test homeopathy. I have - and it has failed. Now I have a simple test for you:

    Find a can of Coca-Cola and pour a few drops into a glass.

    Next, fill the glass with water.

    Then shake the glass.

    If you now have "stronger" Coke in the glass, or can taste the Coke in the glass, or can detect Coca-Cola in the glass in any way, then homeopathy "works". If not, then Robert Wohlfahrt is a quack.

    And finally, my marriage did not "break", but Robert Wohlfahrt acted in an unethical manner. He is supposed to be a doctor. Doctors have codes of behavior that have nothing to do with the behavior of their patients, who sometimes fall in love with them. Sleeping with a married woman, who had been separated from her husband for 6 months - and right after the death of her mother - violates every concept of professionalism, ethics, decency, and morality. How you can appeal to me on behalf of such a person is beyond my understanding.

    I knew Robert Wohlfart killed my mother-in-law as soon as I understood what kind of "doctor" he was. I know he has killed others because of what kind of man he is.

    It is about time the people of Wissembourg learned as well.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON