"Mr. Obama is a Christian, not a Muslim. Hussein is a family name inherited from a Kenyan father he barely knew, who was born a Muslim and died an atheist."-- Jodi Kantor, in an article about all the kids (like those above) who have informally taken Barack Obama's middle name - "Hussein" - as their own, in the New York Times
Several comments come to mind:
1) Since these kids are only informally taking his name, why is this news? The New York Times is, obviously, just as superficial - and stupid - as they are. (Look at those smug faces. Oh, you kids are such rebels! Most black kids would kick your ass for that look - alone - and the guy in the pink shirt would really get it: Pow! - right in the kisser.) On the other hand, the NYT could just be into the whole "Cult of Obama" thing,...
2) Spiritually-speaking, Barack's dad was smarter than he is.
3) I love how, for decades, Democrats have railed against Christianity (and religion in general in this country) but are now lining up behind this Jeremiah Wright-trained believer. (You guys must be really desperate. Not that you had any core values to begin with, I know, so it's not like this latest bout of hypocrisy is betraying anything.)
4) The Louis Farrakhan thing? What Louis Farrakhan thing? Sure, these kids - and their parents - will do great with people like him closer to power,...
5) And, Hey kids, if you really want to be like your leader, try to talk for the next two years without saying anything - that's what I would find impressive!