Friday, September 20, 2013

I Have A System For Managing Disasters Without You


This post, being about quackery, isn't really on a race issue. Except it's happening in Haiti. And Haitians are black. And really, really poor. And homeopaths are usually white. Playing "doctor."


I just shuddered to think of it (hint to some of you: that's what a "normal" American feels right about there) and now I feel so haunted I'm even sorry I had to bring it up at all:
“Despite Homeopaths Without Borders’ claims to the contrary, ‘homeopathic humanitarian help’ is a contradiction in terms. Although providing food, water, and solace to people in areas affected by wars and natural disasters certainly constitutes valuable humanitarian work, any homeopathic treatment deceives patients into thinking they are receiving real treatment when they are not. 

Homeopathy is neither helpful nor humanitarian, and to claim otherwise to the victims of disasters amounts to exploitation,...”

I wish everybody would stop saying "victims" because American conservatives' heads will explode.



And I got enough on my plate already,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON