Monday, September 23, 2013

We Could Try Building A Fence Like The Berlin Wall, Too


PJMedia's Chris Queen A) has really bad taste in music but B) hasn't fully embraced the conservative concept of leaving other people the fuck alone:
As a Christian, my prayer for Billy Corgan is that his search for spirituality will lead him to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, but seeing him move out of a nihilistic spiritual emptiness into an honest quest for higher truth encourages me. It’s a huge first step, and I pray it leads him to faith in Jesus.

BTW - Billy Corgan, leader of the awful band Smashing Pumpkins, is a thrice "married" NewAger, so I get the idea. But Queen sounds too much like Virginia Republican Lt. Gov. candidate (and pastor) E. W. Jackson, for my taste:
“Any time you say, ‘There is no other means of salvation but through Jesus Christ, and if you don’t know him and you don’t follow him and you don’t go through him, you are engaged in some sort of false religion,’ that’s controversial. But it’s the truth. Jesus said, ‘I am the way the truth and the life. No man comes unto the Father but by me.'”

Jackson's spoken out against meditation and for desegregation.


I don't know if that's PJMedia's cup of tea, but I can tell you this much:


If it keeps Smashing Pumpkins out of my life, I'm there,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON