Wednesday, March 19, 2014

They Say - When You Die - There's A White Light, Too


I just got a call from a friend in Utah.


It seems my former landlady - the chiropractor who got mad, and kicked me out, because I wasn't begging for her help with my back - has finally discovered how badly she screwed the pooch:


Her house, which I was caring for as my own, has been taken over by a group of meth heads.


Not only that, but since her father was my former landlord and roommate (before taking a fall and suffering dementia) now there's no one to visit him in the long-term care facility we'd moved him into.


No one to take him on a day out, to a nice lunch, or just hang around and chat or watch TV with him, giving him a sense of normalcy.


He's just in there, probably getting paranoid or becoming a vegetable.


Nope, because of this hard-hearted woman - who lives in Arizona - now all three of our lives are screwed, and there's no way to put the genie back in the bottle.


I did everything for them - why not? I only had my music. 


I even bought two lawnmowers, just in case one breaks, so the grass was always sure to be up to Mormon standards.


Everything in that house got repaired - on my dime - without her ever knowing about it.


Oh - did I mention she, and her father, are white?



Yeah, it's like that.


And where I am today is exactly what that gets you,…