Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The True Meaning Of Enlightenment

THE DAY I STOPPED NODDING MY HEAD

"I hopped in a car to ride down the spiritual path at the age of 7. By 10 I was comparing notes with 63 year old physicians on the clinical application of hypnosis for anesthesia and pain relief.

And off it went from there… biofeedback, Vedanta, Shaivism, Tai Chi, Aikido, Taoism, Vipassana, Zen and Tibetan Buddhism, Kabbalah, and Western therapies and workshops of all kinds.

I wasn’t just a student. I became a teacher in many of these diciplines. And, no matter where I went, no matter what I did, I would nod my head at the fundamental promise:

If I followed these teachers and/or teachings, I would eventually get what I wanted — happiness, spiritual attainment, peace of mind, awakening, realization, enlightenment. Pick the word, I wanted it.

One day, after 28 years traveling on the path, with no end in sight (and not many examples of people who had reached the goal) I stopped nodding my head and, instead, I began 'tilting my head.'

Almost literally, instead of nodding in agreement, I took on the attitude of 'Hmm…? What’s really going on here? Is it true?'

Since that moment, my life has never been the same."


- Steven Sashen (who TMR has since heard is a bullshit artist) in the intro to The Anti-Guru blog.

1 comment:

  1. the above post by Steven Sashen was written to draw people to someone named Byron Katie.

    http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,12906,72360#msg-72360

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON