Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Black, White, And (Not Very Well) Red All Over

"I think most white politicians do not understand that the race pride we all have trumps everything else."

- Willie L. Brown, Jr., former San Francisco mayor and longtime speaker of the California assembly - defending being racist - as reported by the Washington Post

"To intimate that you may face a challenge for what you believe in, I just think that's over the top. I think my citizens pretty much understand that I am a person who stands up for what I believe in. I'm not saying that if I run again somebody won't hold that against me. That's politics. My thing is: Bring it on!"

- Trenton, New Jersey Mayor, Doug Palmer, on the effort to "pester, intimidate, question our blackness" for his support of Hillary Clinton (also in the WP)

"If the party wanted the superdelegates to merely ratify the voters' choice, the party wouldn't have superdelegates in the first place."

- Joan Walsh (making sense for once) on Slate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON