Sunday, December 16, 2012

Do The Right-Wing Hippies Celebrate The Solstice, Too?


Looking at the arms on him (and, if I remember correctly, knowing he's into martial arts) I'm still not sure how I feel about Crowder letting himself get pummeled for the cameras this week. Since he used up his 15 minutes a long time ago (trying to be a conservative flip-side to Bill Maher) certainly not the outrage Glenn Reynolds & Co. are trying to whip up - which is also getting old.

 But then, I have to admit, so is Reynolds,..so yeah. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard all sorts of stories about this: that Crowder was attacked, that this was actually a put up job by plants, and every shade of in-between.

    I'm to the point of not knowing and not caring; only this: if we want to play at the old riots that our grandparents or great-grandparents were in, then put up, shut up, and learn how to take a punch without crying like a bitch (which both sides do, and just one more reason for me to disrespect them).

    I know that's cold, but that's where I'm at with the left and the right as of now. I just don't care.

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and from that write up you linked, ok, yeah, Glenn Reynolds does not get Stevie Ray Vaughn or music (if he got it then he wouldn't have written what he did -- and would know that there are other guitarists out there, like Ray Sharpe, who really, really sounds like somebody, to my dumb hillbilly ear, who influenced the hell out of the blues guitar sound coming out of Texas).

    He sounds like a hipster there, a right wing hipster. I can't stand hipsters...of course, this is probably because I'm just a dumb hillbilly and not sophisticated and smart and shit.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON