Thursday, December 20, 2012

The End Of The World (Just Not The Way They Think,...)

"A lot of people mistake the day for the apocalypse."
-- Machenka Jacobella, one organizer of a "positive" Dec. 21 meditation session, 
describing my typical waking experience.


So - seeing how he's a meditator and all - 
that would indicate everything's operating normally, right?




Eyes open - BOOM! - Apocalypse.

Everyday.


My reply:

Shit/Shower/Shave - Get on with it.


Just don't meditate.


But also don't talk to psychics, and rarely talk to preachers, and don't even think of taking a yoga class, because so far - compared to some people - my life is becoming a romp in the woods.




Can you picture me along the Appalachian trail?


Yeah, that'll be the day.


Anyway, all in all life is good, and yet, I have concerns.

“I couldn’t tolerate knowing something was fake and not doing something about it. Everything loses meaning."
-- Uri Simonsohn, a research psychologist at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, 


Really:

Can a first-generation-out-the-ghetto black man ever hope to live a normal life - because his offline concerns are, admittedly, more limited than he lets on - when "normal" means living with crazy liars?


Won't I have to be on guard for the rest of my days?
Tell lies myself?


Because, if so, I need to say this is NOT what I signed up for!


I want to scream "I'm a Free Man, Sir!" and live like it!


I should be buying things with credit cards and all that.


Sure, some may call me a cornball brother, but - as far as I'm concerned - I was supposed to marry Marcia Brady and spend my time with nice guys playing tennis.
Instead, now, I'm talking to nurses and wishing I were anywhere else.


This is my future - I live in the New World - but I really don't know how long I can do this.


Or even if I want to.


Life is so demoralized by NewAge, when - without it - every day would make me feel like Santa.


Didn't I read somewhere life was supposed to be a gift?

Not a single reference meant socks.


Am I right? Especially if I know the truth behind the fraud?


Shouldn't knowing truth mean, in theory, I should feel better?


I think so - so you know what?



"Your reasoning is repulsive: Because we have removed your god from our schools, this is how your god gets even?"
-- Steve McSwain, an interfaith activist, arguing with Mike Huckabee over nothing. 


Yeah.
Fuck the stupid, I'm now into Happiness As Revenge.
I'm figuring - after today - that's the way to go.
Fuck the NewAge, still, but everything else must change:

I've had enough - in 24 hours, even the Maya will be proud,... 
 

1 comment:

  1. http://news.yahoo.com/mexicos-ethnic-maya-unmoved-2012-armageddon-hysteria-132840695.html

    Guess they just aren't getting into the road party of the travelling underpants (they'll find a new place to congregate in few years, when another prophecy will come due).

    PW

    Too bad they can't cut the power for like 15 minutes at 3 p.m. GMT across the globe...just to see what would happen (yes, that's really wrong and bad of me to snicker at the thought of people potentially freaking out...but I said I was a bad person).

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON