Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sigh: Take My Wife,...Please.

"CAIRO - An Egyptian man said on Wednesday he was offering his 20-year-old daughter in marriage to Iraqi journalist Muntazer al-Zaidi, who threw his shoes at U.S. President George W. Bush in Baghdad on Sunday.

The daughter, Amal Saad Gumaa, said she agreed with the idea. 'This is something that would honor me. I would like to live in Iraq, especially if I were attached to this hero,' ....

Her father, Saad Gumaa, said he had called Dergham, Zaidi's brother, to tell him of the offer. 'I find nothing more valuable than my daughter to offer to him, and I am prepared to provide her with everything needed for marriage,' he added."


-- Jonathan Wright, reminding me I was married once, only to discover my ex-wife (and her girlfriends, and the "hero" quack she hooked up with) thought the significance of that 20-year union was less than this potential one, on Reuters.

Sorry, but that's how adultery, divorce, and the denigration of my (and others) humanity works on me, Kids. I know: a number of you have no idea what I'm talking about. Hey, Stupid, don't worry about it.

Just excuse me now while I go hang my head and cry. I gotta try to get over this depression before I leave the house today.

You guys take care:

1 comment:

  1. This must be a revolting development for the father-daughter tag team:

    The hero shoe thrower has now described his own behavior as "an ugly act". Oh-oh.

    Cognitive dissonance is a cruel master.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON