Thursday, September 25, 2008

David Letterman: It's All About Meeeeeeeee!



This is just sad. I stopped watching Letterman a long time ago, as his show swung to the left and he didn't care that, maybe, everybody didn't agree with him. Like a lot of liberal comedians, he started confusing the too-easy laughter of liberals at the mere mention of the word "Bush" for comedy, and, frankly, I've got better things to do with my time than watching Bush Derangement Syndrome with a laugh track. There's The Daily Show and The Colbert Report (both liberal, but kind of funny) or I can skip the whole issue by watching Family Guy, or the stuff on Adult Swim, which is much funnier, doesn't take cheap shots at the president, and is waaay closer to my "punk" outlook anyway.

But as I said, this rant by Letterman is just sad. He can say all the nice words about McCain he wants, but turning the financial crisis into a bit about him - with Keith Blubbermouth in tow - is a new low for a classic showman I once considered one of the greats of American television. Now I don't know what to think about him. I know I don't like his show anymore. And considering the brain-dead course he's charted, I'm almost sorry I ever did. He used to crack me up, destroying watermelons and things.

Now he's just destroyed himself.

1 comment:

  1. McCain stood him up. Told him he had to get to DC and instead went to an interview with Katie Couric. Where's the left/right political attack? This was purely personal.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON