Tuesday, September 30, 2008

NewAgers: Beware What You Wish For

“'Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true. We have a team of 4 people going thru dumpsters in Alaska and 4 in arizona. Not a single one looking into Acorn, Ayers or Freddiemae. Editor refuses to publish anything that would jeopardize election for O, and betting you dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. People cheer when CNN or NBC run another Palin-mocking but raising any reasonable inquiry into obama is derided or flat out ignored. The fix is in, and its working.' I asked permission to reprint without attribution and it was granted.
-- Instapundit, with an email from a reader who works in a mainstream media newsroom, which I found on Little Green Footballs.

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first American election where the media is actually trying to manufacture the outcome, isn't it? And, of course, the Democratic Party has no problem with that - not one peep about unfairness, or even an attempt to hide the appearance of a double-standard - no, the Left will now do anything to win, no matter how ugly; no matter how low. And, I guess, they think no one notices - or that they'll get away with it. I don't think so. People don't like being manipulated, y'know?

It keeps looking, more and more, like these apocalyptic NewAgers I've spoken to are gonna get what they, repeatedly, say they want:

Civil War.

So, I think, Barack Obama better start considering campaigning in a Pope-Mobile.*

*This is not - I repeat: not - a threat against Barack Obama. Just an acknowledgment that shit's looking awful sketchy out there now, and the MSM bears a lot of responsibility for it: they're just not doing their job. I don't think anybody today minds losing a political contest, but the appearance of being railroaded can get under people's skin - and this certainly looks like we're being railroaded.

And the MSM is driving the train.