Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Heart U Forever

He walked through the door and found a heart on the floor. Arriving early on the morning of September 6 for his job as manager of 510 Skateboarding, Nate Alton was aggrieved to find the front window of this popular Telegraph Avenue skateboarding/streetwear emporium smashed. "Then I walked in and I was like, 'Oh, what's that over there? Oh. It's a heart,'"..."It wasn't really bloody. It was actually pretty clean." The idea that it was human "crossed my mind, because they say your heart's the size of your fist. But then I thought pigs, sheep, and goats probably have hearts that size, too." He asked the arriving cops, who have since confirmed that it was an animal heart, "whether this was the strangest thing they'd ever seen, but they just shook their heads and said, 'This is Berkeley, kid.'

-- Anneli Rufus, providing even more evidence the hippie capital of the world is still flying it's freak flag, for the East Bay Express.