Sunday, April 17, 2011

Still More Evidence Reiki Works: She's Healed!

I love this one - sincerely, here's a story just made for TMR:
A Staten Island belly dancer jiggled her way out of a sweet deal with her ex-husband after he found pictures of her shaking it on the Internet, a judge ruled last week.

Dorothy McGurk won a settlement of $850 a month for life and the couple's home by convincing a court three years ago that a 1997 car accident left her too injured to work.

The payday ended when Brian McGurk went back to court after spotting a blog where his ex-wife boasted of cutting a rug and dancing "everyday for three years."

"My belly dancing is the reason why I adore myself so much," McGurk, 43, posted on the blog, including photos of herself grooving at the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors, a new age gallery in Chelsea.

"Today I decided to dedicate myself more to my dance," she wrote. "Even though I dance everyday, it's not enough. It won't be enough until I dance for you all, until you feel my euphoria.

"Today as I danced myself silly, I lifted my head and elongated my neck as I swirled around," she wrote in another post. "And then it happened, I got really, really high."

Thomas Kyle, a lawyer for Brian McGurk, said the blog posts convinced Richmond County Supreme Court Judge Catherine DiDomenico the dancer was fit enough to fend for herself.

"She told outright lies," Kyle said. "If she could blog for hours, if she could dance the day away in Manhattan, then how is it she couldn't hold down a job?"

In one Facebook entry, a friend asked Dorothy McGurk why she had not posted photos of herself from a recent belly-dancing performance.

"Gotta be careful what goes on line pookies," she answered. "The ex would love to fry me with that."

Confronted with the damning evidence, Dorothy McGurk told the court she was prescribed belly dancing as treatment for her injuries - a statement her doctor contradicted on the stand.

DiDomenico stripped McGurk of her settlement last week and ordered her to pay her ex-husband $5,000 plus interest for lawyer's fees.

McGurk was also told to move out of the couple's house, and her ex-husband was awarded 60% of its value because she "worked only two years of this 11-year marriage," the judge wrote in her decision.

"The court credits husband's testimony that wife slept all day or otherwise spent her day on the computer participating in Internet blogs," the judge wrote.

Dorothy McGurk, who testified she is a trained Reikki spiritual healer and can "channel God's light to facilitate healing," could not be reached for comment. Her ex, a U.S. Post Office mail carrier, also could not be reached.

"He's just happy that this is all over and he can move on," his lawyer said.
Because, as we all know, NewAge is all about truth, and compassion, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Good luck to her husband.

1 comment:

  1. "My belly dancing is the reason why I adore myself so much," McGurk, 43, posted on the blog, including photos of herself grooving at the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors, a new age gallery in Chelsea.

    At least this one is honest enough to admit her true God(dess) is herself, and that she frequents a "chapel" where the primary tool of narcissism is "sacred"...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON