Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Starting To Get Turned Off To Facebook



This isn't exactly my experience on Facebook - my experience is of "friends" wearing blinders to such a point they want to immediately "de-friend" if you disagree with them on anything. Today, it was a black gay guy who decided that - because he's reading a new book on Malcolm X (the one that claims Malcolm X was gay) - Donald Trump is a "Klansman" for demanding to see Obama's birth certificate.

Seriously.

Now his other friends are writing in, telling him to choose his friends more carefully - I'm a whackjob! There was also the former Punk, who is now a NewAger, and has decided our 20 year friendship is worth abandoning since I informed her there's no such thing as a "chakra". She not only de-friended me but closed off her personal email. Yeah, there's a reason I got away from these people.

What do you think? Is Facebook "all that" for you? Had any weird experiences? Is it worth it?

Hat Tip: iOwnTheWorld