Saturday, September 1, 2012

They Won't Take A Bite Out Of Crime: It Looks Too Good


I get into these silly arguments with folks on the Althouse blog - silly because I really shouldn't even be engaging with ignoramuses. Like, a few days ago, they were talking about that crazy Amish beard-cutting case, and this one particular jackass was defending the Amish with an argument like, well, what have they ever done to you? (A slight twist on the classic "What's The Harm?" gambit.) And I pointed out that was the wrong question - it doesn't matter whether I have been hurt by them, but whether what they're doing makes sense, has hurt someone, or is right or wrong.

Of course, being a dumbshit, the guy I was talking to didn't see it that way and put up a furious, but completely unnecessary, fight. "Unnecessary" because he was wrong, as an article I found the next day showed:

Amish bishop accused of hair-cutting attacks 'forced women to have sex with him to make them better wives'

Now, since their belief system makes no sense, shouldn't we have expected something more like this? Of course - "garbage in/garbage out." (There's a message there for Romney fans,...)

And, if this is true, does it matter that I wasn't the victim? That it didn't happen specifically to me? Of course not, but that's the kind of "logic" fools can get away with on a lawyer's site:

There's no judge around - so don't expect more than mob justice, and learn to accept rape. 

Because lawyers, like all believers in bullshit, will allow any damned thing,..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON