Sunday, September 22, 2013

"Colorblind" White People (Who Talk About Race All The Time) Don't Like It When Blacks Join The Conversation







"I had to hold my head down and could not make contact with the white masters. I heard the instructor ask kids behind me to open their mouths so their teeth could be checked. Some were asked to jump up and down."




The loyalty blacks have to their church also has proven costly, said officials at Faith Communities Today, a nonprofit based in Hartford, Conn. A 2013 study revealed that black churches have collected more than $420 billion in tithes and donations nationwide since 1980, an average of $252 million a week. “What people fail to see and understand is that, the church pastors aren’t waiting for miracles to fund their lifestyles, they don’t have to pray, day in and day out, to make their ends meet,” said Northwest resident and author, Byron Woulard. “They are getting rich off God, not from God,” he said.



3 comments:

  1. It's DMX's fault that he finds himself nearly destitute. Take that $50 and make something of it or try. Shit, I think he just decided to buy some lottery tickets and scratchers. Oh, who the hell am I fooling? I might have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give him a break - he's bipolar. I leave that out a lot while teasing him, and actually have a lot of respect for the guy for making anything of himself.

    It's not easy,...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - I'm not mad at you or anything.

    You seem to know that, but I want it said,...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON