Thursday, March 6, 2014

Right Now. They Were Before. I Don't Know About After.


I can still remember Americans attacking me for "lying about France" when they'd never lived there or visited more than Paris. 


Compared to the U.S. (they said) France was a paradise, and I was another crazy nigger who should just shut my open-faced pie hole because,...because,...whether I'd traveled the place or not,…or even then,...and even if,...I just couldn't know! I just couldn't! 


But know, the Gaulic version of Charades,, I do - AND (in some cases) the evidence keeps growing that I, also, know better:



Here's something else, I've learned, that's not necessarily "good" but "good to know" - and not just about the French, but people: 


They're not worth the truth - and just might get you killed,….
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON