Saturday, September 6, 2008

In The Tank/In The Pocket: Out The Box

So it's Saturday night, and I'm totally chill after a day of sleeping and blogging, sleeping and blogging. Nothing else - I didn't do another damn thing all day. I barely even ate. (It gets like that when I can't get my "homeopathic" divorce out of my mind.) Anyway, I decided to see what's going on with a bunch of sites I don't visit as often: you know, sites by my friends and stuff, when I ran across this hilarious interview on the blog of (my friend who's grown to hate my conservatism) Ernest Hardy. It's with the crazy-assed rapper, DMX, and it just cracked me up! Check this shit out:

Are you following the presidential race?

Not at all.

You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.

His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.

Barack?!

Barack.

What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.

Barack Obama?

Yeah.

What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.

I ain’t really paying much attention.

I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…

Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

So you’re not following the race. You can’t vote right?

Nope.

Is that why you’re not following it?

No, because it’s just—it doesn’t matter. They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do. It doesn’t really make a difference. These are the last years.
O.K., I'll stop there. Anytime somebody goes into that stupid "end times" bullshit they've basically put dibs on the title of "crazy" and lose me. Not that I thought DMX was sane anyway (I can barely listen to his shit) but that portion of the interview was classic:
"Barack?"
See, if black people weren't bullshitting this election, that's how they'd all be reacting to Obama. With a name like that, and one look at what the "community organizer" has actually done for black people, and he'd be locked out. But they're buying the bullshit, and are totally down now, just waiting to suffer the inevitable loss to come - which they'll blame on white people - because white people were actually paying attention. Crazy shit.

But so it goes in America: land of the don't-want-to-be free and home of the mental slaves - forever.

So fuck it. I'm depressed anyway. Play on, brothers: I'm going back to sleep. See y'all tomorrow.



Paul Dateh and Inka One

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON