Monday, March 30, 2009

Paris: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

TMZ: This weekend, Doug Reinhardt showed off one of the perks of dating Paris Hilton.

Just like Paris' sex tape, Doug has also gone viral.


In other Hollywood news from Fox:

Angie Harmon is not afraid to come out and say she doesn’t like how President Obama is handling the job — but she’s sick of having to defend herself from being deemed a racist.

"Here's my problem with this, I'm just going to come out and say it. If I have anything to say against Obama it's not because I'm a racist, it's because I don't like what he's doing as President and anybody should be able to feel that way, but what I find now is that if you say anything against him you're called a racist,"

Harmon told Tarts at Thursday’s Los Angeles launch of the new eyelash-growing formula, Latisse. "But it has nothing to do with it, I don’t care what color he is. I’m just not crazy about what he's doing…

If I was to disagree with W, that doesn't make me racist. It has nothing to do with it, it is ridiculous."

On Sarah Palin: "I admire any kind of woman like her. My whole motto is to know what I stand for and know what I don't stand for and have the courage to live my life accordingly and she does exactly that.

The fact that this woman has made the decisions she's made and literally lived her life according to that and takes heat for it is absolutely disgusting to me," she added.

"People cannot look at this woman. I really think they're afraid of her and her morals, ethics and values and the fact that she hangs on them…”


No matter if you agree with her politics or not, her thinking position is about the direction of the country and what Obama is doing and what she thinks of it. A definite minority in Dumbo-land Hollywood.

By contrast, here’s a sampling of the charisma addled crowd’s take on things:

Mandy Moore - "I think it's cool that he went on Leno and I watched the "60 minutes" interview as well last week. The guy is just so articulate and he is so well versed in something that is so new to him and I think he has a good team around him. It sounds cliché, but he makes me feel proud to be an American."

Debra Messing - "He is thoughtful and considerate and he gets all the information before he speaks which I think is a wonderful quality for the ruler of the free world to have.”

Debi Mazar – “Everybody's broke and everybody's struggling and he makes me feel like I know him and that I know Michelle and that they’re like us and they’re out to try to save the USA.

It's just an amazing period to watch him take on these challenges and everyday in the news to hear about AIG or possibly global currency changing, it's incredible.

He's facing big challenges and he's got a lot of support and I'm just praying things get better."


Perrey Reeves - added that Obama is a "wonderful leader" and she’s looking forward to his future endeavors.

Not one of those four Celebu-Dopes said anything even close to objective about the future of the country or the direction it’s taking. Their entire concern is their feelings about someone, without regard to outside reality (you know, where real life occurs).

It’s no wonder, that a simple disagreement with an action, philosophy, or idea send the Dopes into a tailspin. It is, to them, a personal assault on their feelings. They cannot comprehend disagreement so it must be racist or something they can’t readily identify.

The feelings addicted are positive their feelings are never wrong, despite any evidence coming in from the outside world.

In fact, they are usually dumbstruck by, and reject the fact that feelings have no I.Q., which is why these people appear so stupid to others.

If you need a little more reason not to take a Celebu-Dopes advice, consider this:

Halle Barry was about to pull the trigger and put diesel fuel into her gasoline powered Lexus SUV when she was stopped and saved by, of all people, the paparazzi.

No doubt she had always heard diesel was cleaner for the environment and delivered better mileage, but the environmentalist turned out to be the paparazzi, who prevented 3,000 lbs from entering a landfill.

And may have prevented a fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON