Sunday, February 21, 2010

Now The Right "Gets" All The Tough White Guys (But Really Tough Black Guys Need Not Apply)

"Breitbart is one of the few high profile conservatives in the media today ready and willing to take the fight to the left the way they’ve always taken it to us (I’m a former Berkeley College Republican, I know).  As White House Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina famously said, 'If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard.'  Breitbart has turned the left’s tactic back on them and the net result is an offensive conservatism that’s been largely absent from political discourse in recent memory.  And if the cheers at the tail end of this video are any indication, we would probably benefit from a few more confrontations like this one."
-- Alexander Marlow, applauding Andrew Breitbart - and even receiving two proud links from Glenn Reynolds - for acting like an asshole to a black guy at CPAC, on Big Journalism.

I find it really funny how some of the blogosphere's white guys don't particularly care for my style of confrontation - until they're doing it themselves - then it's A-OK and worthy of all the exposure it can get. Sigh. Oh well, at least it's a sign they're catching on:

"I realize Glenn Beck seems to be a rather polarizing figure, but watch and judge for yourself. Personally, I think polarizing can be good. And may be exactly what we need right now."
-- Lori Ziganto, applauding Glenn Beck - as "a rather polarizing figure" - after he gave a talk at CPAC, on iOwnThe World.

Yea, "exactly what we need right now." I'm not criticizing Miss Ziganto (because iOwnThe World has always been on it) but I find it strange that my style wasn't cool before - you know, like before Obama became president and stuck us with all this nonsense - I hope it's not just because there's a cliquish group of white guys doing it now, because that would be kinda, you know, racist,...

I certainly don't want to think that we black conservatives - who started out with taking on the Left in this way - are being shown we have to "know our place".

The beat (down) continues,...

UPDATE: Maybe this is all because these white guys don't like rappers - unless they're also comedians like ZO (white guys do like their black guys to be funny) - what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I like your stuff. And I think your funny. And I don't like Glenn Beck because of his style. I don't think they are doing it like you. I think you do it better.
    I am a white guy. I don't know how that matters but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I am tired of Breibart. It's propagandic. Just like the left. We need to transcend, not imitate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved the Macho Response. And your point just means you're ahead of the curve! Don't take offense. Be proud!


    bigfurhat

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON