Sunday, July 22, 2012

Freedom? (Not Quite Yet,...)


I found this, on the American Thinker, under the fucked-up title of "Here Come the Closet Black Conservatives." I've never been in the closet about shit. There's a difference between not knowing something and actively keeping it hidden - maybe even from yourself.

I didn't struggle a second before declaring my conservatism. Coming to my conservatism - understanding it was an option - that took decades. Leaving the black diaspora, and struggling through the thicket of "the white world" (how was I to know California was liberal?) before coming to an idea of my own, it happened gradually, in broken pieces.

And it's not like conservatism's some holy land I've arrived to. What is this - a movement in need of training wheels? It's not lost on me Obama's a NewAger, but Romney's also a Mormon. With the Romney nomination, it seems no matter which way I lean politically, slavery awaits - slavery of the mind.

No Republican would stand for it, as far as I'm concerned.

  Anyway, once again, I predicted this development back in 2009 - and this is just the beginning:

 Like I said, there's a difference between not knowing something and actively keeping it hidden,...
 

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to see what happens.

    Will Blacks show the way? Or will they be sucked into yet another dead end road by another round of hucksters?

    I'm holding out the hope that some will not -- that some will, like my dad told me once, remember that they "know about these things...or should, better than most" and thus avoid the traps. Maybe then we can all learn a bit from them.
    PW

    PS. yeah, my dad, the bigot, was Italian, and couldn't understand why so many Blacks and immigrants' children allowed themselves to be suckered so much -- many, according to him, had knowledge of "these things" and thus should have no excuse for blindness -- resignation, understandable according to him; blindness -- not so understandable

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON