Wednesday, September 11, 2013

There Is No God (But, If There Is, He's Down With Me)


I've been called John The Baptist several times, online, by deeply religious people who know I'm an atheist. But, while I've always found that flattering and heartwarming, it's also kinda weird to think about, and navigate emotionally. For instance, I haven't had a major problem with the theology of any Pope since John Paul:
"In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences."

Do you see what I mean?

Either I've got this shit figured out already, or Catholics and I now have a minor disagreement,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON