Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Will Huma Leave Anthony Weiner To Stay On Hillary's Campaign About How We're All In This Thing Together?


Ann Althouse quotes Bernard Goldberg:
"The only reason Barack Obama, who's more liberal than all of them, got elected, wasn't because of his politics, but because he created a cult of personality, and that's what the Republicans need, a real conservative with a great personality, and those people are hard to come by.”

Naturally, to the first part of this, I say "Duh!" and think Ann would agree (I'm not going to link to it, just nod your head,...) before asking where the books, documentaries and newspaper and magazine columns are, on that powerful example of mass hysteria we just witnessed, after decades of telling ourselves "It can't happen here"? Or are we just going to let that go? "Move on" in the current lingo?

What an,...oversight.


And the irony of anyone named Goldberg wanting more of one ("that's what the Republicans need") is clawing at my brain a little too much like a house cat getting comfortable in my lap.


Being a self-proclaimed moderate, Ann moderately adds:
"America wants moderates, and they only deviate when bamboozled by someone with an over-the-top great personality.”

Ooooh - not good. Too many examples to mention. Here's one - Nixon. O.K., now, let me tell you what I see:


1) I don't see any more cults of personalities, thankyouverymuch. As a matter of fact, I don't see anymore cults, period, of any kind, anywhere, ever again. That's probably a topic for another post but still, cutting the cult of personality thing out of American politics, that's a prediction I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay firm on.


2) Today it was reported Ronan Farrow said something about his family that, I thought, was pretty revealing - he's speaking of Woody Allen:
"He's my father and married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression. 
I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent...”

Call it The Woody. The "morally consistent" standard - and, it must be said, that's the most basic of standards there is - that so many, in politics and elsewhere, have been finding it, oh, so difficult to meet. Rush Limbaugh can't (BTW - Rush's problem isn't that he's demonized, but that he screwed up). 



That neither Ann or Bernie mentioned "character" as a factor, instead treating politics as the circus sideshow they participate in, says about all that needs to be said - or aren't these decisions supposed to be some of the most important undertakings of our lives? There's no consistency of thought what so ever.

 
"Millennials don’t fit neatly into either the Democratic or Republican parties. They are highly empowered, impatient and disgusted with politics today.”

And I, for one, can't say I blame them one little bit,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON