Monday, November 25, 2013

I Think The Most Appropriate Word Here Is "Unrelenting"


Reading/thinking. Thinking/reading - it's nothing but trouble:



Articles in abolitionist newspapers uncovered by researchers at the University of Virginia’s Dolley Madison Digital Edition, an online collection of Mrs. Madison’s correspondence, reported that she treated her slaves poorly. In March 1848, the Liberator newspaper published a letter charging that Mrs. Madison had hired out Mr. Jennings to others and then kept 'the last red cent' of his pay, 'leaving him to get his clothes by presents, night work, or as he might.'





My, my - let me tell you what crossed my mind:

Since I know ever more realistic (and, thus, ever more horrifying) images of America are coming - so it's going to get really, really dark out there - can we just cut to the chase and agree that calling history "black," early on, was the right thing to do?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON