Thursday, February 4, 2010

Change IS Coming (In An Ass-Backwards Way)

I had another one of those awful nights, justa rollin' and tumblin', dreaming about Karine Anne Brunck (which sounds too much like Lisa Druck for me to handle). Let this be a lesson to all you NewAgers, who insist a person can just "move on" from tragic events:

You can't "move on" from your dreams.

I was all fired up yesterday, looking forward to blogging all day today (haven't felt that way, or had the opportunity, in a long time) but instead, now I'm all blah and what the fuck? and just want to go back to sleep. But I can't sleep - because then I might have another twisted dream about my ex-wife: great.

So I'm blogging anyway, thinking that, by telling you all the Good News going on out there (yes, that's one for the Christians) it'll cheer me up, get me back in the groove, and I can go back to enjoying it as well. I mean, these subjects are my babies, right?

People have written to me, saying they think the blog has no coherency, but, it seems to me, that's only because I love our country so much, pretty much as it is, that I see my job as only about recognizing where we've been led astray and trying to get us urgently back on track. And, as I said before, it seems to me we've actually made a right turn somewhere. So, today, Good News all around - whether I feel like it or not:

First up, as I told you yesterday, the much beloved NewAge con man of The Secret and Oprah fame, James Arthur Ray, has been arrested for manslaughter in those Sedona, Arizona sweat lodge deaths. Some people are saying Ray shouldn't be punished because being a NewAger is, by definition, self-destructive.

Though I agree with the assessment of NewAgers as a group, that's still looking at this all wrong: James Arthur Ray was committing fraud - he's a con man, not a true believer - sort of a Bernie Madoff in different clothing. And, like Bernie Madoff, things got out of hand. Ray is a guy who spent a lot of time thinking (and Tweeting) about death - he knew the risks. I've read it even happened once before on his watch, but our boy James don't give a damn about nobody but James, and nothing but money. "Harmonic Wealth". The name alone screams "bullshit!" That he, and his followers, can think anyone but themselves can be taken in by such B.S. is an insult to our intelligence. On the other hand, people did fall for that other loser Oprah gave us,...

Anyway, for now, I'm happy a jury will once again get to see some NewAge issues, presented in the context I think they should be seen in, and I'm also pleased those who "believe" in The Law of Attraction can finally witness how it's working out for it's purveyors, as a business and a concept. (Last I heard, Rhonda Byrne ain't been doing too well with implementing it, either. I wish her all the best.)

O.K., I'm going to get some me some sunshine and then be right back. I just want y'all to know I can see something happening now,...

2 comments:

  1. The problem I always have with the Complaint Squad (like the dil with the 'Obama loses his job' sign) is that they never have a positive alternative.

    With Bush, you elected him and then he decided which private company would get your money, which incentive would get up and where the deficit would balloon. There was little point in offering suggestions as he and Cheney had their agenda set. Unless you were the right kind of lobbyist or financial backer, you weren't getting heard.

    But, rightly or wrongly, Obama's is a consensus model. He spends vast amounts of time consulting with the public, asking the experts, and conversing with his Republican opponents. This is a unique opportunity for people with ideas on how to turn the economy around and create jobs. So what do they do? They turn into the kind of people they hated when their man was in power: Protesters aka Wankers with Signs.

    Didn't serve any useful purpose in the previous eight years and ain't doing much now either. Funny that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But, rightly or wrongly",...?

    Dude, you're on the wrong blog. You lie. Obama ain't "conversing with his Republican opponents", he's backed in a corner. And to compare the Tea Party with what came before is not only wrong, it's insane.

    Though we can at least agree protest "didn't serve any useful purpose in the previous eight years" - since it produced Obama's presidency - if you don't mind, I think we'll keep it up just a little bit longer than anticipated,...sorry.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON