Thursday, October 10, 2013

A White & A Black Talk About TMR (Like Friends Will)


Two days ago, one of my oldest white conservative friends comes over, toting a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best Premium and asks, "What's up with the blog? It's getting awful black/white."


"Yeah, it's nothing - I'm just fucking with some 'white' people."


"Let me guess - Althouse."


"Kinda sorta. That whole Trayvon Martin thing threw a few of 'em over the edge, post-Romney, so I'm giving 'em a taste of their own medicine."


"Oh, alright, I see. I was wondering - but you're alright, though? You've been in bed a long time. Anything I can do?"


"Yeah, you can take me to go see Gravity at the biggest IMAX theatre you can find. It's only 90 minutes long, so I should be able to take it. I gotta see it."


"Done - anything else?"


"Naw, you're here, that's enough."


"You got any Willy Nelson?"


"Yeah, over there, go ahead and put it on. Hey - why is it, every time you come over here lately, you control the music?"


"Because, every time I come over here lately, I buy the beer."


"Good point."


And then we clinked our beers together, to the opening strains of You're Always On My Mind,....
 

4 comments:

  1. Who knew Crack has become such a major player in Shutdown politics. I was just now over at Hffington Post and noticed the headline: "Crack Appears In Conservative Front Against Obama". Here's a screen grabfor you.

    Nice work, Crack! Hope you don't forget us little people and your humble beginnings at Althouse and Instapundit now that you're famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Old Mil (or maybe Schlitz...I miss seeing Schlitz) sounds kinda good right now (but I'm thinking more Pstsy Cline than Willie).

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that and Pabst. Hardly a summer Saturday went by that Dad didn't have one in his hand, sitting in his chair, after doing his man chores on his one full day off, watching the ball game.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON