Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Understand: I Am A Man With A Mercurial Heart

If it seemed like I started out pretty well yesterday, and then read Andrew Lansley's bullshit and lost it, well, that's kind of accurate. But - instead of going on a rampage and killing all the white people in the countryside before reporting back to Shirley Sherrod Headquarters for my next assignment - I watched two episodes of The Boondocks, and then went to bed, really, really depressed.

Ever since the incidence of murder that brought Homeopathy to my attention, it's been the best example of what's wrong with the world today, and to think - with all the evidence of it's worthlessness and how it much it's costing people, financially and personally - both, the hospital administrators won't stop it and the doctors won't stand up to the administrators in the face of it, is just too much for me sometimes. Here's a few questions for those doctors:

How is a person like me - who is familiar with the subject of NewAge inside and out, and knows the crimes NewAgers already commit, as a matter of course - supposed to feel safe going to a hospital for care, knowing there's NewAgers and NewAge ideas festering there?

Under those circumstances, does your advocacy for strictly "patient-driven care" mean, if I get cancer, I should just say "to hell with you" and stay home? I am the patient, aren't I?

And, since it is you who have contributed to my sense of being trapped in a world of fucking nonsense, why should I come to you? And how can I be assured you won't be feeding me placebos if I did?

Alright, I'm going to stop - I don't want to get depressed again. And between that, and hearing Glenn Beck telling me to get on my knees and listen to bad music like Krista Branch, that's a definite risk. I'd rather think of good things - like all the folks who sent in donations this weekend - Whoa: Thank you! - and, if you don't mind, I'd like to make another request of you on that front:

If you're going to send in a donation, please attach a small note to it (you can do that at PayPal) so I can know what it was that inspired you to do so. Do you just want to help keep the the blog going? Do you want to fight NewAge? Do you, too, want to hear me play music again? Do you finally want a "good" conservative band? Are you a Christian reaching out? Let me know.

If I can be plunged into the depths of hell over homeopathy, I can also be cheered up by a little discourse with a donation.

I'm barely hanging on and need all the help I can get.

BTW, since I'm out of work for a little while, I'm hoping to be doing more posts than usual, so look for those and pass them around:

I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. I sent $ this weekend. "Do you just want to help keep the the blog going? Do you want to fight NewAge? Do you, too, want to hear me play music again? Do you finally want a "good" conservative band? Are you a Christian reaching out?" Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON