Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Cigarette Before The Noose (And They're Taken Away)


At the end of the Continental Convention, on September 18, 1787, the not-yet American citizens asked Benjamin Franklin what he'd delivered to "we the people," and he replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it.” I don't know what to think, now that it's clear we are no longer capable of doing so:
There’s nothing constitutionally seemly about a Court decision that says this law is only legal because the people’s representatives flat-out lied to the people when they passed it,… 
Only in America does “health” “care” “reform” begin with the hiring of 16,500 new IRS agents tasked with determining whether your insurance policy merits a fine.

I actually laughed when I heard the news - not as hard as when I heard Tom Cruise was getting divorced because Katie Holmes wanted to protect her child from the cult of Scientology, an obvious fact that wasn't in the news report, and that few will consider as we link arms with Mormonism:
SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - Troubled by issues ranging from polygamy to gay marriage, several dozen Mormons plan to resign this weekend from the church en masse in an unusual public show of defiance in Salt Lake City. 
Organizers say participants in Saturday's mass resignation will gather in a public park to sign a "Declaration of Independence from Mormonism," followed by a hike up Ensign Peak, scaled in 1847 by then-church President Brigham Young to survey the spot where his Latter-day Saints would build a city.

No, I was laughing, partially, because Mr. Jump-The-Gun had used his "vapid dorkiness" to just previously declare Obama wasted four years on this NewAge dream. (Come on, healthcare? Don't tell me you never saw that coming,…) You'll have to excuse me, now, if I don't hold my breath waiting for our other lying Cultist-elect to admit he was wrong by saying, "I guess it was worth it after all,…"


And - while I can't get all Ann Barnhardt on you - I can agree with her that the likelihood Romney will repeal ObamaCare just became a lot less likely - despite what he says - starting with the fact ObamaCare is based on the plan Mormonism's "White Horse" has always been so damned proud of:


So now the flip-flopper agrees it's bad policy but the only way to get rid of it is elect him. Uh-huh. Every American conservative who falls for this line should change their middle name to "Gullible."


And who can forget Romney's own NewAge healthcare investments in the Joseph Smith-inspired Mormon industry of worthless/harmful supplements? That's GOT to do better under ObamaCare and ol' Mitt isn't going to hurt the "church," right? What would Jesus think when he "returns" to Missouri?


Yes, he's the best man to run a modern nation, The New World, and The Greatest Country On Earth.


Welcome to the clusterfuck of your own making. Not me - I warned you and warned you and warned you. I'll leave you with the (surprising) words of Ann Althouse, sounding like she's channelling me:
Everybody's always lying. 
Now, grow up, pay attention, and don't get played.

Sheeeiiit. It's more-than-a-little late for all that now - and, knowing Ann, she, too, will be singing a different tune tomorrow (look at her quote again, folks) but - at least as I write this - I hear ya, kid,…

1 comment:

  1. Heh, bad policy...but not unconstitutional (there's your sign Romney voters; there's your sign).
    PW

    I have many stories from my childhood concerning my grand (and great-grand) parents -- old time farmers/ranchers -- concerning "what to do when the idiots finally allow the big people to control us" (losing self-reliance and community ties was a big part of this to them); these stories were from a long time ago -- but even then, being the canny peasants they were, they smelled this storm coming (what they thought would happen is not comforting, and I hate to admit it, but they were pretty accurate -- at least as much or moreso than Joe Smith, so maybe they should have started their own church!). PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON