Friday, September 20, 2013

Instapundit "Got" An Honorable Mention As 1 Of The 25 Most Influential People On The Right (As He Gets "Got")


Stick with me, kid, you'll,...something.


Away we go:

This morning I noticed Glenn Reynolds said, "I think the GOP can win even by losing," which I identified as con artist patter - and, Good Golly Miss Molly, what do you know?


It IS con artist patter! Straight from The Atlantic:
Now is the time for all good men to fail. Good women, too. Fail early and often, and don’t be shy about admitting it. Failing isn’t shameful; it’s not even failure. Such is the message of a growing body of self-help and leadership literature. 
...Given this growing cultural fixation on failure, it was probably inevitable that politicians would begin clambering aboard the pro-failure bandwagon.

There it is - our buddy - good ol' Self-Help to the rescue!


Are you listening, y'all? You can't hear it:


Glenn Reynolds is in the NewAge world of Billary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey/Tony Robbins/James Arthur Ray/Louise Hay Grade-A bullshit, and he's delivering it to your door as political wisdom without the slightest clue how he's being played.


As a matter of fact, back when Reynolds used to post TMR and it was almost All-NewAge-All-The-Time, that's what his last email to me indicated:
Hey, I've got nothing against you, Crack.  But I really don't get your blog, and God knows I've tried.  Sorry.

Think about that for a second:


Glenn Reynolds has been seen to "get" a Mormon for president - who devoutly believes he'll get his own planet. Glenn can "get" that you can relearn to breathe with Laughing Yoga, all the many bogus concoctions, preparations, and devices in Quackery - and even inserting vapid win-from-losing Self-Help nostrums (I know you don't think I "get" it but I got it) into our supposedly serious game of politics - but he doesn't "get" why a conservative blogger, versed in NewAge solipsism, would be skeptical of the whole election-losing Instapundit enterprise.



Why wouldn't I point it out?



This flaw in conservative reasoning needs addressing and now:



I've got nothing against Glenn. What I really don't get will be conservatives losing through NewAge, and God knows I've tried. 


O.K., there is no God, but - even for that - I am really and truly sorry,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON