Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A World Gone Mad (With Laughter)

"Once, when I was a lad, I was verbally assaulted on the streets of New York by a paranoid schizophrenic. This raving lunatic came at me waving his hands wildly in the air with spittle and shrill curses spewing from his mouth in equal measure. I had been walking along lost in my own meditations and was so startled by the attack that for a moment, I couldn’t process it. I wondered: had I unwittingly done something wrong? It took me a moment to understand that, no, it had nothing to do with me, really. I had simply violated the borders of the poor fellow’s internal world. The abuse was, in some sense, his way of defending his fantasies from the threat of my reality.

Arguing with a leftist is something like that."
-- Andrew Klavan, cracking me up - which happens a lot offline - online, not so much, on Pajamas Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON